It is amazingly expensive to send heavy stuff like construction material into space, so scientists and engineers are instead learning how to print what they need in space, using available extraterrestrial elements.
The robot needs to get a regolith core sample and place it into the 3D printer, which will cause the 2 × 4 brick to pop out. The ejected 2 × 4 brick can then be delivered elsewhere for more points.
- The 2 × 4 brick ejected and completely in the northeast planet area: 22 OR
- The 2 × 4 brick ejected and not completely in the northeast planet area: 18
- Possible scores: 0, 18, 22
- Results must be visible at the end of the match.
- Eject the 2 × 4 brick by placing a regolith core sample into the 3D printer. > Only allowed method. Must be obserserved by the referee.
(mission descriptions source: https://www.first-lego-league.org/)
Building instructions delivered to your device by 3DAssemblyInstructions.com
- 01 Jan 2016
To construct this you will need
- FIRST LEGO League 2018-2019 Into Orbit Challenge Set