This LEGO Mindstorms robot is strange. Can you guess what is strange about it?... The motors are placed in a reverse direction. One of the motors is facing "forward" while the other one is facing "backwards". This means that if you make the robot move forward with a Tank Block in the EV3-G software it will just rotate. To make the robot move forward, you will have to make one of the motors rotate forward and the other one - rotate backwards.
The goal of this robot is to teach students that motors could be placed in many different ways. It is not always the case that the two motors face the same direction. Also, it is quite fun.
This material requires a subscription to one of the following plans:
- FLLCasts Personal A Monthly
- FLLCasts Personal B One Year
- FLLCasts Team Six months
- FLLCasts Home Subscription
- FLLCasts School Student One Year
- FLLCasts School
Building instructions delivered to your device by buildin3d.com
- 29 Dec 2017
- LEGO MINDSTORMS, LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
- Learn At Home, EV3, Basic, Fun, Construction, 3D Animated Instruction
To construct this you will need
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 45544 Education Core