Building instructions for a competition robot following the "Box robot" principle. The robot is built with LEGO Mindstorms EV3 and could be used at FLL and WRO.
This material requires a subscription to one of the following plans:
- FLLCasts Personal B One Year
- FLLCasts Team Six months
- FLLCasts School Student One Year
- FLLCasts School
Building instructions delivered to your device by buildin3d.com
- 07 Nov 2016
- LEGO MINDSTORMS, LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
- FIRST LEGO League, FIRST LEGO League 2016-2017 Animal Alias, Box Robots, Knob Wheel, Gears, Robot Base Chassis, Methodology, Gears, FLL 2016, EV3, Construction, Robot Base, FLL, Classes with students, Light and Color Sensor
To construct this you will need
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 45544 Education Core
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 45560 Education Resource
Bill of materials (Parts list)
Think of an attachment that leaves the Gecko on the mission model. Don't use the robot attachment that we already have. Just the box robot and the gecko. Nothing should support the Gecko when it is hanged on the mission model.
Connect the attachment to the box robot and find the correct number of rotations of the middle motor that would bring the robot up and forward and would attach it to the mission model.
This is a teacher's note about the math behind calculating gear ratios with for our lifting attachment. It math model we build in previous tutorials is not exactly correct and here is the explanation why.
Here we start with a second box robot that we would like to build. It is in a way improvement to the first robot and we would take a look at its features.