When attaching an Ultrasonic sensor to a LEGO Mindstorms EV3 robot it is important to follow a number of rules to make sure that the sensor is stable and usable.
- 17 Aug 2018
- LEGO MINDSTORMS
- EV3, STEM, Ultrasonic Sensor, Learn At Home, Sensors, Classes with students, Construction
Requirements and considerations when attaching EV3 Ultrasonic sensor to the robot:
- It should be stable – the sensor should not be loose or change its position compared to the ground.
- There should be no obstacles in front of the sensor, such as cables, parts etc, that might prevent the sensor from "seeing".
- It should be horizontal. Otherwise it will always "see" the ground.
- You should always bear in mind the position of the sensor in order to have the correct results. So if you put the sensor at the back of the robot and make it stop when it sees a wall less then 10 cm away, will the program work?
Courses and lessons with this Tutorial
This Tutorial is used in the following courses and lessons