In this tutorial you will learn how to set up your robot to be controlled with the Controller. We start from the program created in the tutorial Setting up VEX IQ robot to be controlled by the Controller. Then add two more motors to be controlled from the joystick, so that you can operate the lifting mechanism of Pesho Bot with two bars lifting mechanism. However, this can be applied to other robots with such a mechanism. The program we create can be found in the Materials tab of the tutorial.
- 22 Jan 2019
Load the program from tutorial Setting up VEX IQ robot to be controlled by the Controller. Next, rename the project, so that it reflects the program content.
After you have changed the name, we can proceed with modifying the program:
- First of all, we need to update the hardware that will be used. As we have introduce two more motors to the robot, we need to do the same thing in the robot area:
- Drag there one MOTOR for moving the arm up and down,
- Drag a second MOTOR for the hand to grab and release ... objects.
- From the drop down list of the first motor choose "PORT5".
- Select the little Controller in the bottom right corner of the first motor next to the little gearwheel icon. This will open the "Controller Actions" page.
- Set "REV" for "R v" to set the right bottom button to control the arm move downward.
- Set "FOR" for "R ^" to set the right upper button to control the arm move upward.
- From the drop down list of the second motor choose "PORT2".
- Select the little Controller in the bottom right corner of the second motor next to the little gearwheel icon. This will open the "Controller Actions" page.
- Set "REV" for "L v" to set the left bottom button to control the hand to release.
- Set "FOR" for "L ^" to set the left upper button to control the arm to grab.
- With that we have updated our program to use two more motors for controlling the lifting mechanism. Now you can "Save to Robot Brain" the program (to run it from the robot), or "Play Program" and "Stop Program" directly from the Modkit software
This is the good not so old Pesho Bot Chassis with a "two bars" lifting mechanism and a hand. It can be build with any set. Only the omni-wheels are extra, but what is a good robot without an omni-wheels.
The program for this robot is at programs/a6hrcz-pesho-bot-with-two-bars-lifting-mechanism-controls-with-modkit
This is a program that sets the VEX IQ Controller to control the Pesho Bot With Two Bars Lifting Mechanism Controls.