Yes, we know. Starting with the phone when you have a toy car and a Raspberry Pi might seem strange, but this is why we do it.
- 01 Feb 2018
How are we going to arrive at a working car?
Here is a very short summary of the steps and explanations for you to be prepared:
- Download an application on the phone that could communicate with the device. This application is developed by us.
- Start the application and see that nothing happens, because there is nothing to communicate with.
- Power the Raspberry PI and see that even though we have powered it we cannot communicate with it.
- Prepare the SD card with the operating system for the Raspberry Pi.
- Plug the SD card in the Raspberry Pi and a diode will blink.
- Connect with the Phone to the Raspberry Pi.
This is the short summary. First, we start with setting up the phone and we continue from there.
The next step of the course is to prepare your phone. And it might sound very strange to start with the phone when you have a remote control car and a Raspberry Pi but it's really mandatory and this is why we are doing it. It is the easiest way to get going and to actually start with something that is already working. And our first goal is to be able to communicate between the phone and the Raspberry Pi right here. And how do we establish this connection? It will take some time to do this. And the general way in which we are doing it is the following. We first download an application to the phone. And this application is developed by us and it could communicate with the Raspberry Pi. After we download this application we start the application and we see that nothing happens. So, we just start it and nothing happens. Then we power the Raspberry Pi with the power bank and again nothing happens. And these two devices - the phone and the Raspberry they cannot communicate with each other. Then we prepare the SD card right here. And we download and install an operating system on this card, we then take the card, plug it into the Raspberry Pi right here and then we can connect the phone with the Raspberry Pi. These are some six steps. It's a very short summary. It'll take some time so let's go.
Courses and lessons with this Tutorial
This Tutorial is used in the following courses and lessons